Apple Raisin Spice Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, cored and chopped
- 1 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Coat a bundt pan with butter or shortening. Sprinkle flour around the entire surface of the pan until it is well coated. Do not leave any spots uncoated or it will stick and your cake will break apart when you try to remove it.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar and oil. Blend on medium for 30 seconds.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Mix, scrape the bowl, and then add another egg until they're all incorporated.
- Add the vanilla and mix just until combined.
- Add the flour, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking powder. Mix on low until combined. Scrape the bowl and make sure that there are no lumps before proceeding.
- Fold in the apples and raisins.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Place the bundt pan onto a small jelly roll pan to make it easier to remove from the oven later.
- Bake at 350° for 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Remove to cooling rack.
- Run a butter knife along the outside edges of the pan to loosen the cake. Turn onto cooling rack and cool at least 15 minutes before serving warm. This cake can also be chilled and served cold.
- Wrap any leftovers tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
Recipe by The Happy Housewife™ :: Cooking at https://test.thehappyhousewife.com/cooking/apple-raisin-spice-cake/