Apple & Walnut Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn squash, cut in half, seeds removed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled & finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together the apples, walnuts, honey, raisins, and cinnamon.
- Divide the mixture into 4 portions and scoop 1 portion into each half of the acorn.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter (broken into pieces) to each acorn half.
- Place the acorns in a baking dish. Add enough water to cover ½ inch up the side of the dish.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour.
- Mash the squash and the apple mixture together and eat directly out of the squash ‘bowl.'
Recipe by The Happy Housewife™ :: Cooking at https://test.thehappyhousewife.com/cooking/apple-walnut-stuffed-acorn-squash/