Baked Ham and Swiss Roll-Ups with Poppy Seed Spread
- 1 pound homemade whole wheat pizza dough or store bought
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 pound ham, diced (see note)
- 1/4 pound Swiss cheese, sliced or grated
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together butter, mustard, Worcestershire, and poppy seeds. Set aside.
- Roll the pizza dough into a large rectangle. Spread butter mixture over the dough.
- Along one of the long sides of the rectangle, layer onions, ham, and Swiss cheese. Only cover about half of the dough. Roll the dough around the filling. You will have a long roll.
- Cut the roll into 10 pieces approximately 2 inches wide.
- Transfer the rolls to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
If you don't have leftover ham, you can use thinly sliced deli ham.
Recipe by The Happy Housewife™ :: Cooking at https://test.thehappyhousewife.com/cooking/baked-ham-and-swiss-roll-ups/