Yield 4 - 5
This meal isn't the healthiest, but it tastes great. And it might get your kids to try salad because it contains cheese and fries!
- 1 marked down flank steak (or leftover steak cut into strips or cubes) $2
- 1 head of romaine lettuce $1.69
- 1/2 bag generic thick cut french fries $1.00
- shredded mozzarella cheese $0.50
- ranch dressing $0.25 (actually you can get this for free right now with the commissary sale on Kraft dressing combined with the $1.50 off coupon)
- assorted vegetables
- Marinate your steak (your choice of marinade) for a few hours.
- Cook fries according to the directions.
- Broil or grill your steak and then slice into thin fajita sized strips.
- On a plate or wide bowl, place lettuce, steak, fries, and top with shredded cheese.
- Serve with ranch dressing and whole wheat rolls.
Total cost for 4 to 5 salads $5.44.
Courses Main Dish
Recipe by The Happy Housewife™ :: Cooking at https://test.thehappyhousewife.com/cooking/bargain-meal-of-the-week-steak-salad/