Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz frozen peas
- 8 ounces frozen carrots
- 8 ounces corn
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chopped chicken
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- Pie crust for two double crust pies
- Place peeled and diced potatoes in boiling water and cook for 10 minutes or until tender but not mushy.
- While the potatoes are boiling melt butter in a large saute' pan.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and saute' for 3-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add chicken broth, peas, carrots, and corn and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Mix together heavy cream and flour and slowly add to the vegetable mixture.
- Stir frequently until the liquid comes to a boil.
- As the liquid begins to thicken reduce the heat to low and add potatoes and chicken.
- Fill pie with mixture and then cover with the second crust.
- Poke holes in the top crust to let steam escape while baking.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Recipe by The Happy Housewife™ :: Cooking at https://test.thehappyhousewife.com/cooking/chicken-pot-pie/