In just a few minutes you can have a creamy egg salad. Serve it on your favorite bread or a on a bed of greens.
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- black pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, place the raw eggs and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes at a low boil.
- Remove from the heat and carefully drain off all the water. Cover with cold water and a few cubes of ice. You'll want to do this to stop the eggs from overcooking. Leave them to cool for about 10 minutes until they're easier to handle.
- Peel the eggs and dice them up.
- Place the eggs, celery, onion, mayo, mustard, and cheese into a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add black pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate at least thirty minutes to chill.
- We like to serve this on potato bread or over a green salad.
Recipe by The Happy Housewife™ :: Cooking at https://test.thehappyhousewife.com/cooking/egg-salad-with-cheddar/