Paleo Sweet Almond Bread
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup flax meal (I used golden)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup milk of choice (I like to use at least half kefir, buttermilk, or yogurt)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (palm shortening or butter would work too)
- 2 tablespoons honey or a few drops of stevia
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice ((helps with lift)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans.
- In the bowl of a mixer, mix the dry ingredients to incorporate.
- Mix in the wet ingredients and beat on high speed for 2 - 3 minutes to blend well.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan(s) and bake for about 45
- - 50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If the top is browning too much, place a piece of foil lightly over the top.
White rice flour could be used in place of the cassava flour, but it would no longer be grain-free.
Recipe by The Happy Housewife™ :: Cooking at https://test.thehappyhousewife.com/cooking/paleo-sweet-almond-bread/