Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
These delicious dinner rolls are easy to make. They add color to your table and a mild sweetness. Enjoy!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast (or 1 packet)
- warm water
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the molasses, honey, butter, and pumpkin puree. Stir briskly to blend. If the mixture is extremely stiff and hard to stir then add very warm water 1 tablespoon at a time. It should look like a stiff dough, not a cake batter. So make sure not to add too much water at once.
- Add in the yeast and knead the dough until it's smooth to the touch. Set the dough aside and cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise at room temperature for 60 - 90 minutes until doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 375° F and spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide the dough into 12 balls and place in muffin pan. Cover and allow the rolls to rise for about 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake at 375° for 15 - 20 minutes until very light golden brown. Remove the rolls to a cooling rack and serve hot.
Recipe by The Happy Housewife™ :: Cooking at https://test.thehappyhousewife.com/cooking/pumpkin-dinner-rolls/