- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, shredded or chopped
- 2 14.5-ounce cans diced tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper
- ½ teaspoon course kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 15-ounce container of part-skim ricotta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella, divided 1 ½ cup and ½ cup
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan, divided ¼ cup and ¼ cup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 10-ounce box of frozen chopped spinach, thawed. Squeeze out excess liquid.
- 1 9-ounce box of no-boil lasagna, such as Barilla, (should include 12 noodles)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium-low. Add the pepper, onion, garlic, and carrots. Stir and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, water, salt, pepper, and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, combine the ricotta, 1 1/2 cup mozzarella, ¼ cup Parmesan, egg, and spinach. Mix well.
- Coat a 13 X 9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spread 1 cup of the tomato sauce evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- Place 4 lasagna noodles on top of sauce, overlapping slightly.
- Spread 1/3 of cheese mixture evenly on top of noodles.
- Spread 1 cup of sauce on top of cheese.
- Repeat the noodles, cheese, sauce layers two more times. Top with the last 4 noodles.
- Pour the last cup of sauce evenly on top. Sprinkle the ½ cup of mozzarella and ¼ cup of Parmesan on top.
- Spray a piece of foil large enough to cover the baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Cover the baking dish with the foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Let the lasagna rest for 15 minutes before cutting.
You may use cooked lasagna noodles, just follow box instructions for cook time and preparation.
Recipe by The Happy Housewife™ :: Cooking at https://test.thehappyhousewife.com/cooking/vegetable-lasagna/